December 2, 2013

Fully Immersed

Dear Family and Friends,

I love you!!

I really do.

The only problem is that the more time I spend here in Chile, the more my attention span goes to the work here, and my immediate family there. I´m sorry I´m such a lame missionary! I always shook my head at missionaries like me, thinking ´What, you have a whole day every week just to write people, and this is the email you send all of us?´ But that just goes to show that God is the only unchanging one in this universe. 

We found a really great less-active sister that came to church and shared a really powerful testimony.

I am not an angry person- hardly EVER get angry, but there are two things that do make me angry. Really negligent mothers and really repressive husbands. Ooohhhh. Not a fan.

I love you all!!! Love the gospel, so, so much.

Hermana Oldroyd

Ps.  Funny story- We were in the street this week when I remembered that I had to call a member. I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, a person in the house in front of us. So I said to Hermana Gutierrez ´Go contact him while I talk on the phone!´ But she looked over there, started laughing, and said back to me, ´But he is half-naked!!!!´ and I suddenly realized she was right.... I guess it is easier to just go shirtless in the heat here. Oh boy, we laughed and laughed.
Making our own lunch!!

Silly Dad, thinking that there are Triscuits here in Chile. I was VERY happy about those, and ate them with some delicious mexican guacamole. (Hermana Nájera taught me a better way to do it- we´ll be snacking on that when I get home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment