December 10, 2013

Christmas Season

My dear people,

Here we are again! And oh boy, it is the last week in this transfer. Can you believe that? Also, it is December. That is another shocker for me! I'm also just cringing reading the English that I'm writing... It is really starting to bother me how inarticulate

It may be super hot over here, but we are still hustling and bustling to get everything ready for Christmas. We've got about a BILLION events to assist, plan, practice for, etc. and now I understand why some adults were always complaining that Christmas was more stressful than restful. Gotcha! But I'm still so, so excited, and so thrilled every time I get to immerse myself in Christmas music. Our zone is in charge of a Christmas devotional for our district (the four branches in which we serve), and it is coming together quite nicely. We had a little council with the most musical of the missionaries and the senior missionary couple, the Moras, and planned it all out. I'll play about 7 songs on the piano, sing "Mary, Did You Know" solo, and I've been helping direct and teach all the other missionaries in the choir. (Thank you, Britton Poulter- everything I know and remember about singing in a choir, I learned from you!!) I have never felt this musically needed!

Had a couple of internal, boiling stress moments this week, but Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I felt a great peace. When it comes down to it, this week was a good one. We were super diligent with talking to people, and we taught lots of lessons. We're still looking for those prepared people, but we're doing well with our pillars of faith, obedience, and diligence, and that is really all I need to be happy as a missionary.

I love you all and hope you're preparing yourselves spiritually for the Christmas season. It really is all about Him.

With love,

Hermana Oldroyd





Rocking some crazy P-day hairdos. This is the typical Hermana Peterson-do, and Hermana Miskin tried it to tease her a bit... turns out it is quite comfy in all the heat!





Blueberries! Half of Chile is harvesting fruit right now- blueberries, strawberries, and cherries. We´re eating lots of fresh fruit and cream, and loving it. Have I ever told you that Parral is also one of the biggest rice producing areas in Chile? We bus past the flooded rice fields every week.


No comments:

Post a Comment