May 26, 2014

Life an intricate process

Hello, my dear people!

Here are my couple random details of the week:

1.Missionary Work for the Dead- My ward here, 18 de Septiembre, indexed 25,000 names in one trimester. Can you believe that???? I just had to include that in my email to all of you because I was so proud and happy with that when our ward consultant told me. How are all of you doing with that? I encourage you to find a way to participate in the work of salvation for those who have already passed on. They are waiting!


2. I just love the priesthood. I have come to appreciate it so much more here in the mission, and I think I really took it for granted my whole life. This Sunday we had lunch with Rene Fierro and his wife Alejandra Guzman, one of the strongest families in our ward. He helped us visit someone the other day and was with us right when some of the Hermanas called us with difficulties. When he saw our worry for them, and the effort we're still trying to give in our own ward, he really took it to heart. He called us the next day with words of encouragement and promised blessings, and all during lunch he shared sacred experiences from his mission that really changed him.


There are few times in my mission where other people bring the Spirit to me- we already have it with us so constantly, and the good thing about the mission is that it teaches us to seek, share, and deserve the Spirit always. Listening to someone else talk, give a class, etc. I can learn from them and be taught from the Spirit in what they say, but this time was special. There is something indescribable in a worthy priesthood holder, seeking to minister and share of his Godly power. The distinct feeling of love, concern, and Godliness that I felt while sharing his dinner table touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. It was for this reason that I loved Bishop Osses so much- both of these men impressed me so much and helped inspire me to live to gospel better.


3. In our companionship inventory, Hermana Lòpez said to me "I have a question, and I don't want you to feel offended... But are you hyperactive?"Asked her to explain her definition of that, and she told me that she considered it as a need to always be doing something, to always be busy with something, etc. And as I pondered that... I realized that following that definition, (though I know it isn't a complete or medical definition), I probably am! Ever since going to college, I don't like watching movies because I feel like it is a waste of time, I have never taken a nap on the mission because I know there are so many other important things to do, I never go to bed early because I need to call the hermanas, write in my journal, etc. Walking in the streets during the day, we talk about upcoming classes or about people's needs, what we need as missionaries or as people, how we can improve. Don't get me wrong, we joke around and have a really good time, but there is always something to talk about or do, and I want to do it! So I guess that makes me partially hyperactive.


4. I love you all!!! Life is such an intricate process- time passes quickly but God gives us depth within each moment to improve and grow. It is amazing and I'm so blessed to be here sharing His message with a people that I love so dearly. There are days when rejection hurts so much. Talking to people in the street, getting to know them, sharing a joke and making them smile, then telling them why we're here, and then hearing them say, time after time "Ahh, but I already have my religion." or "I'm really busy." Sometimes my heart just hurts and I cry out "But don't you have time to hear this precious message from God?" It is an experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. I'm learning, every day, to be patient and Christlike in everything I do, say, and think.


I love you!!!


Hermana Oldroyd







No comments:

Post a Comment