May 5, 2014

Get Involved

Well, this was a GREAT week.

We worked super hard and saw some big successes with the members, our investigators, etc. I've come to realize that real love grows as we share in the Savior's cause- that is why the members loved us so much in Collao. Working together in this saving mission is what ties us eternally with the love of Christ. I hope you`re all rolling up your sleeves and getting VERY involved.

Continue to see huge miracles from the Lord. Last Tuesday was Leadership Council, so we went to the office in the morning. After the meeting, Hermana Baturité grabbed me and said, "Hey, come outside for a second, we need your help." They may not have exactly needed my help, but as I walked outside I saw Vale Canobra and Camila Vargas there waiting for me. Ahhh!! It was so good to see them and I felt so loved. Hermana Rosa had sent me a homemade queque and we got to talk. As we were chatting, I glanced out at the street and couldn't even believe what I saw.

Victor Jara, from Lirquen, was standing there looking back at me, also rather shocked. Remember him? We found him when he was still dealing drugs, still drinking, still asking us punk questions that lead to nothing. When I left, he had changed and was sincerely preparing for baptism. A couple weeks after I left, after working really hard to pay off all his legal fines, he was baptized. (Hermana López was actually there for his baptism!) I've written him once or twice to encourage him, but recently he moved away from Lirquen and we didn't know much about him. He told us that he had some struggles and was inactive for a couple months, and in that time conceived a child with his girlfriend. Recently he moved to Tomè to live with her (Yes, I did say Tomè- he lives in my very same city.) and he's super excited to be a father. He's started going back to church in the ward just below us, and his girlfriend is taking the lessons from the missionaries. They're going to get married and he just felt different- more mature, more stable, more ready to face an adult life. He was even wearing a CTR ring!!!

I was so, so happy and amazed to see him. He told us that he walks by the office almost every day, wondering if he'd ever see us, his missionaries. I was so touched by God's perfect timing and another little miracle that He gave me.

Just want you all to know that we are not alone in God's work. As I sat in Sacrament meeting and heard so many precious testimonies, I was impressed by the feeling that the Lord really does see us in "one eternal round". Paloma Fierro, the cutest little 10 year old, cried as she shared her testimony and said "I don't know why I'm crying. I'm just so happy to be here." She reminded me a little bit of myself, and I pondered on the person I am now and all the progress that God has helped me make. Not just that, but I felt around me all of those from my very family who keep working alongside me. I could tell you a million other stories, but just believe me when I tell you that there are people working on this and on the other side of the veil to hasten the Lord`s work. Don`t be the only one that isn't taking part.

I love you, and I love what I do. I love knowing that this is what God wants me to do- it is for that reason that He is able to bless and guide me. Be well-

Hermana Oldroyd








 Hna Lopez and I at the beach in Tome








No comments:

Post a Comment