May 13, 2014

Earthquake coming. . .



Well, my dear people.
Happy Mothers Day!
What a joy it was to speak with my family. It was a great reminder that I still do have a place over there in the United States, that I do still feel love and belonging there. It is so easy to forget as I feel more and more love for my mission and for Chile. I was even afraid I wouldn't be able to carry on a full conversation in English... You can ask them how well I did with that.
Good week, really crazy with some of the situations that our investigators are going through. Lets just say that we could make a Latin television show based on some of the things we're seeing right now. We're asking for lots of guidance and using lots of boldness- I'm gaining more and more appreciation for the old, grumpy grandmas that just say whatever rude things they want. Is it terrible that I'm becoming almost the same as a missionary? There just isn't time to waste on saying flowery things!! Sometimes you've just got to lay it out there and make the choice very clear.
Gave a talk this week about the Book of Mormon, and felt so grateful, once again, for the guidance of the Spirit. There is really nothing like that warm, pulsing feeling when you know you`re speaking the words of God. I love that more than anything. We also sang a special musical number for the Moms and the ward LOVED it. On an unrelated note,  keep your eyes open for a big earthquake this Friday- we're hearing rumors and, as a result, have started filling water bottles....
If not, it'll be something to laugh about next week.
Love you all and love my companion, love my hermanas, love my ward and love Chilean barbeques. (Had a great zone activity today.) Just don't ever forget that God isn't just the Father of all ages and all the earth, rather the Father of your soul. You really are important. Don't lose sight of all He wants you to become- little by little, we are getting there, and He celebrates the small successes with us.
Don't forget that.
I love you!

Hermana Oldroyd


Oreo game at our Zone activity... Guess who won? Yours truly!!


 Mini Cambio, we just happen to be climbing the steepest hill in Tomè, `El Santo`. Bring it on.



 Foggy Tomè


 Sent this to my buddy Vale



 For you, Dad



 GIANT rubber boots

No comments:

Post a Comment