April 28, 2014

Hello Tome

Whoah. Big week.

As usual, super hard to leave Collao. It just so happened that there was a ward Family Home Evening that night, and since Hermano Oporto announced on Facebook in the morning that I was leaving, it kinda turned into a huge "Goodbye Hermana Oldroyd" party. Everyone brought presents and they asked me to share my testimony- you'll all be proud to know that though I was emotional, I did not cry during my testimony. Saying goodbye to certain people or families, I did lose it a little there. But that is part of sharing a deep love! It is ok.

Got here in Tomé, and found myself relieving a lot of Lirquen. They're quite similar- cold, gorgeous, close to the sea, etc. In the house we are 6 missionaries and one really small bathroom. so that is an adventure. It is a fun group, though, and we laugh a lot. My first day, our Zone Leaders, Elder Grammar and Elder Collins, called me to welcome me here and ask us to call some of the hermanas. When I asked what else we could do, he said "Write a rap for Tomé?!" Oh boy...

Want to know something else? Someday I hope I can be a parent like God is. All of my mission, I've wanted to marry and baptize someone. (Half of the families here just live together... Big law of chastity problem and a big baptism problem!) It just so happened that here in 18 de Septiembre,  the Hermanas had everything lined up for a wedding and baptism this weekend. At first, I just felt really bad that Hermana Rodriguez had to leave, after working so hard with Sindy and Luis.



Kinda guilty for being there, knowing that I hadn't done any of the work to deserve it. As I cried and prayed about it one night, though, the Lord helped me remember that it is never MY work or MY effort that gets anything done here, nor is it the planning or organization from any other missionary. It is His work, and He is the one that makes these miracles possible. If He put me here, part of the reason is just because He loves me and wants to grant me my righteous desires. What a good Father.

Also, Lirquen is in our stake and who do you think I saw when I walked into the church on Sunday? Bishop Osses, my first Bishop. I teared up and almost cried- he works in the stake now and it was so special to see him.

Someone asked me this week if I was from Argentina. Ha! Small victory for this gringa!

Also met Victoria, one of Hermana Glazier's converts. She has been inactive for two months now, but I felt a super special connection with her and I know she's going to come back. It was another confirmation from the Lord that this is where I'm supposed to be.

More I wish I could say, but time is out!

I love you all!!

Work with the missionaries. Just do it.

Hermana Oldroyd

 First day together! She is so funny and I love her






Finally saw Hermana Gutierrez! Saw her at our little part for getting the flu shot

No comments:

Post a Comment