January 6, 2014

Consecrate Thy Performance

My dear people!

A good week. My recurring problem continues, however, and I continue mourning every time I get to the computer that you do not all speak Spanish.... I just don't do this whole English thing very well anymore.
Some interesting details: It has been raining ash for about three days now in Conce, due to several big forest fires near us. We're not in danger or anything , but we've been quite awed by the orange lighting, the falling ash, and the sick brown clouds that are hanging in the sky.
Hermana Call and I are all over mini cambios. There was a New Missionary Conference this week, so we did divisions with Hermana Davidson and Hermana Johnston, then on Friday we divided with Hermana De Leon and Hermana Orchard from our Hermana Group. We've got two more planed this week. They're fun, exhausting, exhilarating, and humbling, and I'm learning a lot. I am on a quest to be more humble, more diligent, more award of the needs of others. I just need the Lord to inspire me!!!


Hermana Davidson, me, Hermana Johnston, Hermana Call

Also, I had several run ins this week with giant, red, flying bugs. This usually involves us leaving our apartment at 3:30, excited and ready to go, when all of the sudden something huge starts buzzing around my head. I don't know why they always pick me instead of Hermana Call, but I usually end of waving my arms around my head and running back and forth, trying to lose the thing. The third time it happened this week, we were in a walkway in between two of the main roads here, and I had had enough. I pulled out my bag of pamphlets and started waving it around, trying to kill the bug, and Hermana Call was almost on the ground from laughing so hard.

Other than that, it was a great week! We found some great people and we're seeing a lot of miracles. I started reading Jesus the Christ, and I can't even tell you how good it felt to have the literary muscles in my brain start pumping again. Still memorizing a scripture a day, still not eating sugar at night (to help me wake up easier and stay more alert for studies), and still trying to remember to put on sunscreen. I can't believe how quickly time passes and how much I can feel that I've changed since last year. The Lord is such an artful master, taking time to shape our eternities with each passing day, and loving us in every moment of our eternal journey.

I love God with all of my heart, and I rejoice to look back and see all the millions of ways that He has taken a hand in my life to make me the person I am today. Want to know the best part? We all just keep progressing. I hope we've all made goals for the new year so that that progression may be amplified and inspired, and so that the Lord may "consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul." (2 Nephi 32:9) I love you all so much!!

Yours,
Hermana Oldroyd


I order wings and, needless to say, got sauce on my face. Also, some weird setting on my camera makes my skin look waxy...


Carla and Renato Vega. He makes dentures, and pulled them out to show us!!


They have these flowers everywhere here (hydrangias?) and I love them!! I think they're so pretty


Concepcion

No comments:

Post a Comment