November 12, 2013

Love being a missionary

My dear people-

Once again, this will be a short one. My companion got sick with really bad cramps (I feel much more prepared now to comfort someone who is giving birth.) and we spent most of the day in the house.

Good news is that we had a zone activity this morning and played soccer! Haven't done THAT in about ten years, but I scored two goals, had an assist, and played goalie. (Shout out, Sydney!) That was great fun, and I will be very sore tomorrow.

Nicole got baptized this weekend! It was a beautiful baptism service, my first double baptism! The Elders also baptized a cute 11 year old. Even if the baptismal font overflowed again, even if we started late, even if we spent hours in the morning cleaning the chapel and downloading Mormon Messages to show in between the changing period, it all turned out really well. Nicole was so happy, and gave me a big, wet hug after coming out of the font. She also pulled me aside later that night and said "Hermana, I want to give you something. All of my friends and relatives have tried to steal it from me, but I want you to have it." And then she passed me her favorite ring, shiny steel and diamond studded. She wears it always, and I just about cried. It was so tender, and she is very special to me.

Hermana Gutierrez is a chipper, low-key woman, and I love her. She has missed her family a bit, and doesn't love talking to people in the street, but she has a great attitude and is willing to work. She really wants to be here, which is what counts, and she learns fast. We'll be working some miracles soon! Actually we've seen many, and I was going to write you about them, but there isn't time!

I love you all. I LOVE being a missionary and I am so happy, even when I'm crazy stressed or busy or a little overwhelmed. The Savior is ALWAYS the answer, and I know that He loves each one of us. How blessed we are to partake in His saving ordinances and work toward an eternal goal. Love you!!

Hermana Oldroyd








No comments:

Post a Comment