November 18, 2013

Celestial Apartment

Dear Family and Friends,

1. We had a college cleaning check flashback this week when our Zone Leader called us in the middle of the day- "Hermanas! The Baldens (a senior missionary couple) are coming up to inspect the houses! If you want to keep your PDay, get over there and do some tidying!" So we arranged the schedule a bit and hustled over to the house. They checked us that night, and guess what?? We earned a Celestial Apartment award and some candy along with it. They've only given one other in all the houses north of Chillan (which is a lot), so I felt pretty good about all the window scrubbing we'd done in the last month. She declared us almost completely mold free! Yes!

2. Hermana Gutierrez is from Guatemala, just in case I didn't tell you that last week. Thought of you, Mom!

3. I think we've finally gained some ground with President Raiqueo, our branch president. He called us this week and asked if we could come to a Family Night with him and his family that night. On the way to his house, he explained that his wife is having a major struggle with her faith, and that he wanted us to share a message to help her. We had a good time playing with the stick bugs on his back porch, then we sang, prayed, and had a really spiritual lesson about the trials of our faith (Ether 12) and the miracles that come after.

4. I LOVE teaching. Last week I got to give a talk, teach the youth Sunday School class, and then teach Young Women. It was the best!!

5. We are out of time again...

6. I love you all so much! I love the gospel so much, and know that the Lord is so present in our lives. If you find yourself struggling more than necessary in life, put more trust in the power of the Lord's Atonement. Believe that it can work for you, even in your imperfections, impatience, and imprudence. The ability to apply the Atonement to our own lives is one of the most powerful tools that we can wield as members of this faith, as friends and family who seek to help others, and as growing children of God. It is the most important thing that I have learned on my mission.

I love you all!!!

Hermana Oldroyd




Did I upload this picture before? We visited a family of all boys after doing service  and had some fun playing with a lizard. Hermana Nájera tried to take a picture like this after, but the little thing ran up her neck and got tangled in her hair. She screamed and screamed, and we all laughed and laughed....



Ahh!! I don't remember if I told you this... HAHA! Hermana Berta and Arturo bought two dolls and named them after Hermana Nájera and me.... Say Hello to Hermana Oldroyd Junior


Gipsy tent! They're called "jitanas" here. They have a horrible reputation, but we talked to them in the street and they were nice, so we went and taught them a lesson! Did you know they're their own race, and that they have their own language? It was fascinating.


 Don't think there is anything better than a peanut butter package.... YES!
I Love AnnaLeesa Rowley!



This was supposed to look like I was eating it, but the bug moved right as we took the picture, so I'm half screaming from surprise here. Woops!



Stick bug!! That was cool- thought you'd like this, Dad!






No comments:

Post a Comment