July 15, 2014

I chose to be happy

I`m not leaving Tomé!!!!!!! Yayyyy!!!!

They had me worried for a moment there, after announcing officially that "Cambios are going to be crazy. Those who are sure that you're leaving a sector (like Hermana López) shouldn't be so sure." But I'll be staying here with Hermana Heslop, and I'm sad and excited at the same time. I loooove Hermana Lopez and will miss her so much. She is so crazy and really helped me keep nurturing my humor and happiness. I learned a lot from her.



Oh boy, today is a big trunky day for everyone around the world. jejeje My friends went home, Elder Collins took vengeance and made me a gravestone, I felt the vibes in the office this morning with all the Goodbyes and I know it`ll be me in just 6 weeks, not to mention that we have my homecoming all set up... Whew, I`m trying not to think about it all at once. Already sobbed with Hermana Lopez for Hermana Nàjera and Rodriguez this morning, and we`ll take the rest little by little. The good thing is that God really does take precautions- today I got a letter from Kristine and another package of candy from Annaleesa that I haven`t opened yet. He, and they, are taking care of me. I know that you love me and are praying for me, and I know everything will be ok. It was here in the mission ground that I learned how to really love, and I`m happy to take the pains of that, no matter how deep. It is a good trade.  
.

Oh boy. Not to mention that we have to say lots of goodbyes today and I know in my heart that the next time, it will be mine, and I'll have to say goodbye to everything. Ohhhh boy. Better to just shut that out of mind and keep serving like normal.

The good news is that I have a strengthened testimony of the power of our own agency. This week I woke up one day feeling great- I had all the energy to get up and go, felt that God was happy with me, felt His love and blessings on all sides. I prayed, expressed gratitude, started daily studies. As I studied, little thoughts started coming to my mind. "But you really still lack a lot of humility." or "Remember that one investigator? You forgot to call them yesterday!" I felt the beginnings of that slow, almost unnoticeable stress and self-frustration, but stopped it right there and said to myself, "You felt great this morning. What has changed that gives you a good reason to feel bad? If God confirmed to you, just 30 minutes ago, that you were doing a good job and that He was happy with you, why are you choosing to set your own failing standard?" And I chose to be happy. It was so liberating! It is an ability that God has been teaching me all my mission, and it is nice to see it as a well-developed tool that will help me for the rest of my life. We really can choose our own happiness- first with our actions, and then in our hearts.

Seba finally got baptized!!! We were sooo happy. It was a simple service on Saturday, with a hymn and a prayer, and then the baptism. This time the font was very full and warm, and it went perfectly. After three different baptismal services and 6 attempts, Sebastian is finally a clean, new member of the church. His father approached us on Sunday with tears in his eyes and thanked us for all that we've done for his family. I swear that Seba is going to be an apostle someday or something, it was so hard to baptize him haha

Traveled to Conce two times in hopes of seeing the Traumatologist for Hermana Lopez's back, but he canceled our visit both times, AFTER we had already traveled there and waited for him. Booooo. Doctors. We had some big moments this week- it has basically come to the point where she just has to finish her mission with the pains that she has. There are some distant options that might help, but she is so determined that even if they don't turn out, she'll stick it out until the end. We just have to pray that the doctors don't send her home by force-

I love the gospel so much!!!! We got to give talks this week, and it was incredible to see the Spirit really bring it all together. Hermana Lopez talked about the conference talk "Your 4 Minutes", and I talked about preparing for the Second Coming. The Bishop followed up with a little bit about repentance, and it all came across with a very clear message. If there is something holding us back from the presence of God, now is the time to get that out of the way. Now is the time to repent, because we never know when tomorrow will be the day that God calls us back. I promise you all that it is sooner than we think- Do what you need to do to prepare. I am trying to do the same.
I love you all!!!

Hermana Oldroyd




 with Hermana Lopez







No comments:

Post a Comment